I’d like to talk a big game about how awesome I am, but I’m not… yet. I’m excited for tonight, even if Martin does wipe the floor with me.
It’s funny to see this photo of me resurface on the interwebz. It’s been over a year since this, and things are unbelievably different.
When I originally posted this, I was 50% curious to pick up magic and 50% trying desperately to make some lame nerd boy lose his shit over me. In the end I picked up some creepy tumblr followers (though to be fair, that was the intent, no?) and some pretty cool ones. I didn’t get that guy.
I did however learn to play MTG. And you know what? I’m alright! I wouldn’t say I’m a superstar, but I’m better than Martin by a long-shot. What’s even funnier is that the deck in my hands no longer exists in any form. It has been ripped apart and it’s red/green glory has since been replaced with an excellent white human deck.
Even better is that just a few weeks later I stumbled onto the man of my dreams. My mild interest motivated him to rekindle his love for the game and start playing again. He has since taught me how to play, actually play, and has built me some great decks. Though he almost always beats me with his infect deck. He respects me and treats me like a princess all the same. He far exceeds what I wanted that other boy to be. We’ve been together now for a year and not a single moment has passed where I wished he was anything but my Calvin.
So here’s to this picture and to Magic. It helped bring together a beautiful relationship that changed my life for the better.
- llteaniebeanie likes this
- n-firmary likes this
- treago likes this
- ketchakik reblogged this from ladymtg and added:
- iprizefighter reblogged this from ladymtg
- ladymtg reblogged this from thelocococo and added:
- lgaba likes this
- charlotteaddams likes this
- thelocococo reblogged this from ladymtg and added:
- asscreedmusic reblogged this from ladymtg
- pondershuffle likes this
- valientemierda likes this
- zsigmond-archive likes this
- inerdbriated likes this
- mitchellb said: Oh man, we totally have to play Magic. What kind of deck are you rocking?
- donovancarmen likes this
- checkingyouravailability likes this
- the-stig likes this
- shpacemenn said: SO!…not many Emerson people know this, mostly because it never comes up in conversation but I used to/still in fact do, play Magic The Gathering and would totally be down for a game or two.
- homunculusfel likes this
- facilderecordar likes this
- mtgfan reblogged this from thelocococo
- nemroff likes this
- nick-xy likes this